Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
Related to patency: ligate
1. The state or quality of being obvious.
2. Medicine The state or quality of being open, expanded, or unblocked.
1. the condition of being obvious
2. (Pathology) the state of a bodily passage, duct, etc, of being open or unobstructed
3. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics the degree to which the vocal tract remains unobstructed in the articulation of a speech sound. See also closure7
pa•ten•cy(ˈpeɪt n si, ˈpæt-)
the state of being patent.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||patency - the openness (lack of obstruction) of a bodily passage or duct|
openness - without obstructions to passage or view; "the openness of the prairies"
|2.||patency - the property of being easy to see and understand|
conspicuousness - high visibility
blatancy - the property of being both obvious and offensive; "the blatancy of his attempt to whitewash the crime was unforgivable"
n. permeabilidad. V.: permeability