patency(redirected from patency of tear duct)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
1. The state or quality of being obvious.
2. Medicine The state or quality of being open, expanded, or unblocked.
1. the condition of being obvious
2. (Pathology) the state of a bodily passage, duct, etc, of being open or unobstructed
3. (Phonetics & Phonology) phonetics the degree to which the vocal tract remains unobstructed in the articulation of a speech sound. See also closure7
pa•ten•cy(ˈpeɪt n si, ˈpæt-)
the state of being patent.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||patency - the openness (lack of obstruction) of a bodily passage or duct|
openness - without obstructions to passage or view; "the openness of the prairies"
|2.||patency - the property of being easy to see and understand|
conspicuousness - high visibility
blatancy - the property of being both obvious and offensive; "the blatancy of his attempt to whitewash the crime was unforgivable"
n. permeabilidad. V.: permeability