Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.
Related to payer: payer mix
pay·er(pā′ər) also pay·or (-ôr)
1. One that pays: a prompt payer of bills.
2. One named responsible for paying a bill or note.
1. (Banking & Finance) a person who pays
2. (Banking & Finance) the person named in a commercial paper as responsible for its payment on redemption
1. a person who pays.
2. the person named in a bill or note who has to pay the holder.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||payer - a person who pays money for something|
drawee - the person (or bank) who is expected to pay a check or draft when it is presented for payment
paymaster - a person in charge of paying wages
taxpayer - someone who pays taxes
renter, tenant - someone who pays rent to use land or a building or a car that is owned by someone else; "the landlord can evict a tenant who doesn't pay the rent"
tither - someone who pays tithes