Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to permeability: Relative permeability
n. pl. per·me·a·bil·i·ties
1. The property or condition of being permeable.
2. The rate of flow of a liquid or gas through a porous material.
1. the state or quality of being permeable
2. (General Physics) a measure of the response of a medium to a magnetic field, expressed as the ratio of the magnetic flux density in the medium to the field strength; measured in henries per metre. Symbol: μ See also relative permeability, magnetic constant
3. (Civil Engineering) civil engineering the rate of diffusion of a fluid under pressure through soil
4. (Aeronautics) the rate at which gas diffuses through the surface of a balloon or airship, usually expressed in litres per square metre per day
per•me•a•bil•i•ty(ˌpɜr mi əˈbɪl ɪ ti)
1. the quality or state of being permeable.
a. the rate at which a pressurized gas or liquid passes through a porous medium.
b. the ability of a medium to permit such flow.
3. a measure of the ability of a material to alter the magnetic field in the area that it occupies.
4. the capability of a porous rock or sediment to permit the flow of fluids through its pore spaces.
The ability of a substance to let another substance pass through it.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||permeability - the property of something that can be pervaded by a liquid (as by osmosis or diffusion)|
absorbency - the property of being absorbent
permeability[ˌpɜːmɪəˈbɪlɪtɪ] N → permeabilidad f
permeability[ˌpɜːmɪəˈbɪlɪtɪ] n → permeabilità
n. permeabilidad, cualidad de ser permeable;
capillary ___ → ___ capilar.