pippin(redirected from pippins)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Any of several varieties of apple.
2. The seed of a fleshy fruit; a pip.
3. Informal A person or thing that is admired.
[Middle English pipin, from Old French pepin.]
1. (Plants) any of several varieties of eating apple with a rounded oblate shape
2. (Plants) the seed of any of these fruits
[C13: from Old French pepin, of uncertain origin]
any of numerous roundish or oblate varieties of apple.
[1250–1300; Middle English pipin, variant of pepin < Old French]