Also found in: Wikipedia.
1. Baseball A pitch deliberately thrown high and away from the batter to make it easier for the catcher to throw out a base runner who is standing off a base or attempting to steal.
2. Football A lateral pass from the back receiving the snap from the center to another back behind the line of scrimmage.
1. (Baseball) baseball a pitch that is deliberately thrown high and outside the strike area, allowing the catcher to throw out a possible base runner
2. (American Football) American football a lateral throw behind the line of scrimmage, usually by the quarterback to a running back
1. Baseball. a ball purposely thrown by a pitcher too far outside of the plate for the batter to hit, esp. in anticipation of an attempted steal by a base runner.
2. Football. a lateral pass thrown behind the line of scrimmage by one back, esp. a T-formation quarterback, to another.