planned economy


Also found in: Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

planned economy

n
(Economics) another name for command economy
Translations

planned economy

[ˌplændɪˈkɒnəmɪ] neconomia pianificata
References in periodicals archive ?
Many lines have barely changed since the fall of Communism in 1989, despite a sharp drop in population due to emigration and an end to the planned economy.
What we see is a rotten, corrupt, capitalist system which needs to be brought down and replaced by a socialist planned economy under the control of the millions not the millionaires.
His Cuban counterpart, Raul Castro, welcomed the announcement but said detente would not lead Cuba to change its single-party political system or centrally planned economy.
Though it has been propelled by a hard-charging entrepreneurial class, China's continued use of growth targets reveal the extent to which it remains a planned economy.
China also may benefit, in this instance, from being a mostly planned economy with a closed capital account.
He said that as following the partition of India in 1947, Pakistan put in place a heavily planned economy.
It transformed from a central, planned economy to a market economy with quick economic and social development.
They examine the shift from a centrally planned economy to free markets, and the lasting effects of the change on the agricultural sector, extension, and universities.
In other words 70% of the EU market will be given over to China's planned economy delivering products at dumped prices, and the remaining 30% will be shared between Europeans, Koreans, Japanese and other manufacturers from the rest of the world in free competition.
This is contrasted with a planned economy, where investment and production decisions are embodied in a plan of production.
It has been thirty years since our planned economy was liberalized," commented Wang Yi, a Chinese businessman, according to AP.
Prices of consumer goods, which had been kept below equilibrium at the time of the planned economy, needed to increase in response to liberalization, creating upward pressure on inflation.

Full browser ?