play-act(redirected from play-acted)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to play-acted: playact, placate, congregate, artificial language, significance, One act play
play-actor play·act (plā′ăkt′)
intr.v. play-act·ed, play-act·ing, play-acts also play·act·ed or play·act·ing also play·acts
1. To play a role in a dramatic performance.
2. To play a pretended role; make believe.
3. To behave in an overdramatic or artificial manner.
1. (intr) to pretend or make believe
2. (intr) to behave in an overdramatic or affected manner
3. (Theatre) to act in or as in (a play)
Past participle: play-acted