playback(redirected from playbacks)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
The act or process of replaying an audio or video recording, as to monitor quality or check a recorded message.
1. (Music, other) the act or process of reproducing a recording, esp on magnetic tape
2. (Electronics) the part of a tape recorder serving to reproduce or used for reproducing recorded material
3. (Electronics) (modifier) of or relating to the reproduction of signals from a recording: the playback head of a tape recorder.
(Electronics) to reproduce (recorded material) on (a magnetic tape) by means of a tape recorder
1. the act of reproducing a sound or video recording, esp. in order to check a recording that is newly made.
2. the apparatus used in producing playbacks.
3. response; feedback.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||playback - the act of reproducing recorded sound; "he was allowed to hear the playback of his testimony"|
sound reproduction - the reproduction of sound
|2.||playback - electronic equipment comprising the part of a tape recorder that reproduces the recorded material|
electronic equipment - equipment that involves the controlled conduction of electrons (especially in a gas or vacuum or semiconductor)