Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to playbook: BlackBerry PlayBook
1. A book containing the scripts of dramatic plays.
2. Sports A notebook containing descriptions and diagrams of the plays of a team, especially a football team.
3. A set of tactics frequently employed by one engaged in a competitive activity.
1. (American Football) a book containing a range of possible set plays
2. a notional range of possible tactics in any sphere of activity
1. a book containing the scripts of plays.
2. a notebook containing diagrams of football plays.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||playbook - a notebook containing descriptions and diagrams of the plays that a team has practiced (especially an American football team)|
notebook - a book with blank pages for recording notes or memoranda
|2.||playbook - a book containing the scripts of one or more dramatic plays; "the 1963 playbook leaves out the whole first scene"|
book - a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together); "I am reading a good book on economics"
|3.||playbook - a scheme or set of strategies for conducting a business campaign or a political campaign; "they borrowed a page from the playbook of the opposition"|