Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms.
Related to pleasureless: pleasurableness
1. The state or feeling of being pleased or gratified.
2. A source of enjoyment or delight: The graceful skaters were a pleasure to watch.
3. Amusement, diversion, or worldly enjoyment: "Pleasure ... is a safer guide than either right or duty" (Samuel Butler).
4. Sensual gratification or indulgence.
5. One's preference or wish: What is your pleasure?
v. pleas·ured, pleas·ur·ing, pleas·ures
To give pleasure or enjoyment to; gratify: Our host pleasured us with his company.
1. To take pleasure; delight: The hiker paused, pleasuring in the sounds of the forest.
2. To go in search of pleasure or enjoyment.
Used to acknowledge an expression of gratitude.
[Middle English, from Old French plaisir, from plaisir, to please; see please.]