Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
plis·séalso plis·se (plĭ-sā′)
1. A puckered finish given to fabric by treating it with a caustic soda.
2. Fabric having such a finish.
1. (Textiles) fabric with a wrinkled finish, achieved by treatment involving caustic soda: cotton plissé.
2. (Textiles) such a finish on a fabric
[French plissé pleated, from plisser to pleat; see ply2]
or plis•se(pliˈseɪ, plɪ-)
1. a textile finish characterized by a puckered or blistered effect, produced by chemical treatment.
2. a usu. lightweight fabric having this finish.
[1870–75; < French plissé, n. use of past participle of plisser to pleat; see ply2]