pole vault(redirected from pole-vaults)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A field event in which an athlete vaults over a high crossbar with the aid of a long pole.
2. A vault made with the aid of a long pole.
1. (Athletics (Track & Field)) the pole vault a field event in which competitors attempt to clear a high bar with the aid of an extremely flexible long pole
2. (Athletics (Track & Field)) a single attempt in the pole vault
(Athletics (Track & Field)) (intr) to perform a pole vault or compete in the pole vault
1. a field event in which a vault over a crossbar is performed with the aid of a long pole.
2. a vault so performed.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pole vault - a competition that involves jumping over a high crossbar with the aid of a long pole|
run-up - the approach run during which an athlete gathers speed
field event - a competition that takes place on a field rather than on a running track
skok o tyči
skok s motkom
môn nhảy sào