polychrome(redirected from polychromely)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to polychromely: polychrome brickwork
1. Having many or various colors; polychromatic.
2. Made or decorated in many or various colors: polychrome tiles.
An object or a work composed of or decorated in many colors.
1. (General Physics) having various or changing colours; polychromatic
2. (Colours) made with or decorated in various colours
(Art Terms) a work of art or artefact in many colours
adj., v. -chromed, -chrom•ing,
1. being of many or various colors.
2. decorated or executed in many colors, as a statue, vase, or mural.v.t.
3. to paint in many or various colors.n.
4. a polychrome object or work.
[1795–1805; earlier polychrom < German < Greek polýchrōmos many-colored = poly- poly- + -chrōmos, adj. derivative of chrôma color]
Of many or various colors.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||polychrome - a piece of work composed of or decorated in many colors|
piece of work, work - a product produced or accomplished through the effort or activity or agency of a person or thing; "it is not regarded as one of his more memorable works"; "the symphony was hailed as an ingenious work"; "he was indebted to the pioneering work of John Dewey"; "the work of an active imagination"; "erosion is the work of wind or water over time"
|Verb||1.||polychrome - color with many colors; make polychrome|
|Adj.||1.||polychrome - having or exhibiting many colors|