pooped(redirected from poopedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to poopedly: pooped out
1. An enclosed superstructure at the stern of a ship.
2. A poop deck.
tr.v. pooped, poop·ing, poops
1. To break over the stern of (a ship). Used of a wave.
2. To take (a wave) over the stern.
[Middle English poupe, from Old French, from Latin puppis.]
tr.v. pooped, poop·ing, poops SlangPhrasal Verb:
To cause to become fatigued; tire: "Many people stop here, pooped by the short, steep climb" (Sierra Club Guides to the National Parks).
poop out Slang
1. To quit because of exhaustion: poop out of a race.
2. To decide not to participate, especially at the last moment.
Inside information: She gave me all the poop on the company party.
A person regarded as very disagreeable.
[Perhaps short for nincompoop.]
poop 5(po͞op) Informal
intr.v. pooped, poop·ing, poops
To defecate in (one's clothes or bed, for example).
[Possibly from obsolete poop, to break wind, from Middle English poupen, to blow a horn, toot, of imitative origin.]
informal US and Canadian exhausted