Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to pop-up: Pop-up blocker
1. Emerging quickly from a recessed or concealed position when activated: pop-up gun emplacements.
2. Rising to form a three-dimensional structure when a page is opened: pop-up illustrations in a children's book.
3. Intended to remain open for business only temporarily: "The site ... has been home to many pop-up exhibits and stores" (Stuart Elliott).
1. A device or illustration that pops up.
2. Computers A webpage or advertisement that opens automatically in a new window of a web browser.
3. Baseball See pop fly.
4. A business or establishment, such as a shop or restaurant, that is intended to remain open for business only temporarily.
1. (of an appliance) characterized by or having a mechanism that pops up: a pop-up toaster.
2. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) (of a book) having pages that rise when opened to simulate a three-dimensional form
3. (Computer Science) computing (of a menu on a computer screen, etc) suddenly appearing when an option is selected
4. (Commerce) (of a shop, restaurant, venue, or other small business) intentionally opening and closing for business within a very short span of time: a pop-up shop.
(intr, adverb) to appear suddenly from below
(Computer Science) computing something that appears over or above the open window on a computer screen
1. (of a book, greeting card, etc.) having artwork fastened to a page in such a way that when the page is opened, a three-dimensional cutout or object unfolds or springs up.
2. of, pertaining to, or equipped with a device that springs up or that causes something to spring up or out: a pop-up toaster.n.
3. a pop-up book.
4. something that pops up.
5. Baseball. pop fly.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pop-up - a book (usually for children) that contains one or more pages such that a three-dimensional structure rises up when a page is opened|
book - a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together); "I am reading a good book on economics"
|2.||pop-up - a short high fly ball|
baseball, baseball game - a ball game played with a bat and ball between two teams of nine players; teams take turns at bat trying to score runs; "he played baseball in high school"; "there was a baseball game on every empty lot"; "there was a desire for National League ball in the area"; "play ball!"