Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Something posted, as for public viewing.
2. An electronic message sent to and displayed on an online forum.
(Wrestling) a wrestling attack in which the opponent is hurled at the post in one of the corners of the ring
1. an appointment to a position or post, usually in another town or country
2. (Telecommunications) an electronic mail message sent to a bulletin board, website, etc, and intended for access by every user
1. the act or process of entering data in an accounts ledger.
2. the record in a ledger after such entry.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||posting - a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement; "a poster advertised the coming attractions"|
sign - a public display of a message; "he posted signs in all the shop windows"
|2.||posting - (bookkeeping) a listing on the company's records; "the posting was made in the cash account"|
|3.||posting - the transmission of a letter; "the postmark indicates the time of mailing"|
n (= transfer, assignment) → Versetzung f; (Mil also) → Abkommandierung f; he’s got a new posting → er ist wieder versetzt/abkommandiert worden; I’ve been given an overseas posting to Japan → ich bin auf einen Auslandsposten nach Japan versetzt worden
n (on Internet forum) → Posting nt