Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
n. pl. po·ten·ti·al·i·ties
1. The state of being potential.
a. Inherent capacity for growth, development, or coming into existence.
b. Something possessing such capacity.
n, pl -ties
1. latent or inherent capacity or ability for growth, fulfilment, etc
2. a person or thing that possesses such a capacity
po•ten•ti•al•i•ty(pəˌtɛn ʃiˈæl ɪ ti)
n., pl. -ties.
1. the state or quality of being potential.
2. something potential; a possibility.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||potentiality - the inherent capacity for coming into being|
possibleness, possibility - capability of existing or happening or being true; "there is a possibility that his sense of smell has been impaired"
latency - the state of being not yet evident or active
|2.||potentiality - an aptitude that may be developed|
aptitude - inherent ability
perfectibility - the capability of becoming perfect; "he believes in the ultimate perfectibility of man"
imperfectibility - the capability of becoming imperfect
The inherent capacity for growth or development: