Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A bent or hooked piece of iron for hanging a pot or kettle over a fire.
2. A curved iron rod with a hooked end used for lifting hot pots, irons, or stove lids.
3. A curved, S-shaped mark made in writing.
a. often pothooks Illegible handwriting or aimless scribbling.
b. Informal Stenographic writing.
1. (Cookery) a curved or S-shaped hook used for suspending a pot over a fire
2. (Tools) a long hook used for lifting hot pots, lids, etc
3. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) an S-shaped mark, often made by children when learning to write
1. a hook for suspending a pot or kettle over an open fire.
2. an iron rod with a hook at the end used to lift hot pots, stove lids, etc.
3. an S-shaped stroke in writing.