pothunter(redirected from pothunting)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. One who hunts game for food, ignoring the rules of sport.
2. One who participates in contests simply to win prizes.
3. A person who seeks artifacts from past civilizations for personal use, sometimes by illegal means, without adhering to professional standards of archaeology.
1. (Hunting) a person who hunts for food or for profit without regard to the rules of sport
2. informal a person who enters competitions for the sole purpose of winning prizes
ˈpotˌhunting n, adj
1. a person who hunts for food or profit, ignoring the rules of sport.
2. a person who takes part in contests merely to win prizes.
pot′hunt`ing, n., adj.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||pothunter - a nonprofessional archeologist|
|2.||pothunter - someone who participates in contests in order to collect trophies|
contestant - a person who participates in competitions
|3.||pothunter - someone who hunts for food (not for sport)|