pottle(redirected from pottles)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial.
1. A pot or drinking vessel with a capacity of 2.0 quarts (1.9 liters).
2. The liquid contained in this type of pot or drinking vessel.
3. An old English liquid measure equal to 2.0 quarts (1.9 liters).
[Middle English potel, from Old French, from pot, pot; see potiche.]
1. (Units) archaic a liquid measure equal to half a gallon
2. (Cookery) NZ a plastic or cardboard container for foods such as yoghurt, fruit salad, or cottage cheese
[C14: potel, from Old French: a small pot1]