Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A tax or commission based on value per pound sterling.
2. A rate or charge based on weight in pounds.
3. Weight measured in pounds.
1. Confinement of animals in a pound.
2. A fee charged for the redemption of impounded animals or other property.
1. a tax, charge, or other payment of so much per pound of weight
2. a tax, charge, or other payment of so much per pound sterling
3. (Units) a weight expressed in pounds
a. confinement of livestock within a pound
b. the fee required for freeing a head of livestock from a pound
1. a charge of so much per pound sterling or per pound weight.
2. weight in pounds.
1. confinement within an enclosure or within limits.
2. the fee demanded to free animals from a pound.
a fee or fine charged for releasing animals from a pound.See also: Dues and Payment
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||poundage - a charge based on weight measured in pounds|
charge - the price charged for some article or service; "the admission charge"
|2.||poundage - a fee charged for the recovery of impounded animals|
fee - a fixed charge for a privilege or for professional services
|3.||poundage - weight expressed in pounds|
weight - the vertical force exerted by a mass as a result of gravity
|4.||poundage - placing private property in the custody of an officer of the law|
seizure - the taking possession of something by legal process