Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
1. An elite group constituted by people holding influential positions within a government, society, or organization.
2. A hierarchy of managerial authority: sought to advance within the company's power structure.
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the structure or distribution of power and authority in a community
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) the people and groups who are part of such a structure
1. the system of authority or influence in government, politics, education, etc.
2. the people who participate in such a system.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||power structure - the organization of people at different ranks in an administrative body|
governance, governing body, organisation, administration, brass, establishment, organization - the persons (or committees or departments etc.) who make up a body for the purpose of administering something; "he claims that the present administration is corrupt"; "the governance of an association is responsible to its members"; "he quickly became recognized as a member of the establishment"
hierarch - a person who holds a high position in a hierarchy