presell(redirected from presells)
tr.v. pre·sold (-sōld′), pre·sell·ing, pre·sells
1. To sell (a house, for example) in advance of construction.
2. To promote (a product not yet on the market) by means of advertising.
3. To condition (a potential customer) in advance for later purchase of a product.
vb (tr) , -sells, -selling or -sold
1. (Commerce) to promote (a product, entertainment, etc) with publicity in advance of its appearance
2. (Marketing) to prepare (the public) for a product, entertainment, etc, with advance publicity
3. (Commerce) to agree a sale of (a product) before it is available
4. (Journalism & Publishing) to sell (a book) before its publication date
Past participle: presold