prevision(redirected from previsioning)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. A knowing in advance; foresight.
2. A prediction; a forecast.
tr.v. pre·vi·sioned, pre·vi·sion·ing, pre·vi·sions
pre·vi′sion·al, pre·vi′sion·ar′y (-vĭzh′ə-nĕr′ē) adj.
1. the act or power of foreseeing; prescience
2. a prophetic vision or prophecy
1. foresight, foreknowledge, or prescience.
2. a prediction; forecast.v.t.
3. to see beforehand; foresee.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||prevision - a prophetic vision (as in a dream)|
vision - a vivid mental image; "he had a vision of his own death"
|2.||prevision - the power to foresee the future|
|3.||prevision - seeing ahead; knowing in advance; foreseeing|
knowing - a clear and certain mental apprehension
|4.||prevision - the act of predicting (as by reasoning about the future)|
projection - a prediction made by extrapolating from past observations
prophecy, vaticination, prognostication - knowledge of the future (usually said to be obtained from a divine source)