prospective(redirected from prospective surveillance)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
1. Likely or expected to happen.
2. Likely to become or be: prospective clients.
1. looking towards the future
2. (prenominal) anticipated or likely
1. of or in the future.
2. potential, likely, or expected.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||prospective - of or concerned with or related to the future; "prospective earnings"; "a prospective mother"; "a prospective bride"; "the statute is solely prospective in operation"|
future - yet to be or coming; "some future historian will evaluate him"
retrospective - concerned with or related to the past; "retrospective self-justification"
1. potential, possible, to come, about to be, upcoming, soon-to-be The story is a warning to other prospective buyers.