psychometry(redirected from psychometrician)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. See psychometrics.
2. The supposed ability or art of divining information about people or events associated with an object solely by touching or being near to it.
1. (Psychology) measurement and testing of mental states and processes. See also psychometrics
2. (Psychology) (in parapsychology) the supposed ability to deduce facts about events by touching objects related to them
3. (Alternative Belief Systems) (in parapsychology) the supposed ability to deduce facts about events by touching objects related to them
psychometrician, psyˈchometrist n
psy•chom•e•try(saɪˈkɒm ɪ tri)
2. the alleged ability to divine facts concerning a person or associated object by means of contact with or proximity to the object.
psy`cho•met′ric, psy`cho•met′ri•cal, adj.
the measurement of mental traits, abilities, and processes. — psychometrist, n. — psychometric, adj.See also: Psychology
A form of clairvoyance which in this case involves divination about a specific person, brought about by holding an object belonging to them.
psychometry[saɪˈkɒmɪtrɪ] N → psicometría f
n → Psychometrie f