publicist(redirected from publicists)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
One who publicizes, especially a press or publicity agent.
1. (Journalism & Publishing) a person who publicizes something, esp a press or publicity agent
2. (Journalism & Publishing) a journalist
3. (Law) rare a person learned in public or international law
pub•li•cist(ˈpʌb lə sɪst)
1. a person who publicizes, esp. a press agent or public-relations consultant.
2. an expert in public or political affairs.
an expert in public or international law.See also: Law
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||publicist - someone who publicizes|
communicator - a person who communicates with others
PR man, press agent, public relations man, publicity man - someone employed to arrange publicity (for a firm or a public figure)
noun PR agent, spin doctor, public relations man or woman He doesn't even have a publicist - almost unheard of for a Hollywood star.