Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A dog of a small sturdy breed developed in China, having a short muzzle, wrinkled face, short smooth coat, and tightly curled tail.
2. A pug nose.
1. Clay ground and kneaded with water into a plastic consistency for forming bricks or pottery.
2. A machine for grinding and mixing clay.
tr.v. pugged, pug·ging, pugs
1. To work or knead (clay) with water.
2. To fill in with clay or mortar.
3. To make soundproof by covering or packing with clay, mortar, sawdust, or felt.
A footprint, track, or trail, especially of an animal; a pugmark.
[Hindi pag, probably from Sanskrit padakam, footstep, foot, from padam; see ped- in Indo-European roots.]
A fighter, especially a boxer.
[Short for pugilist, boxer.]
(Building) material such as clay, mortar, sawdust, sand, etc, inserted between wooden flooring and ceiling to reduce the transmission of sound. Also called: pug