pyrogenic(redirected from pyretogenetic)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
py·ro·gen·ic(pī′rō-jĕn′ĭk) also py·rog·e·nous (pī-rŏj′ə-nəs)
1. Producing or produced by fever.
2. Caused by or generating heat.
3. Of or relating to solid rock formed from molten rock; igneous.
py′ro·ge·nic′i·ty (-rō-jə-nĭs′ĭ-tē) n.
1. (Chemistry) produced by or producing heat
2. (Pathology) pathol causing or resulting from fever
3. (Geological Science) geology less common words for igneous
py•ro•gen•ic(ˌpaɪ rəˈdʒɛn ɪk)
producing or produced by heat or fever.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||pyrogenic - produced by or producing fever|
|2.||pyrogenic - produced under conditions involving intense heat; "igneous rock is rock formed by solidification from a molten state; especially from molten magma"; "igneous fusion is fusion by heat alone"; "pyrogenic strata"|