Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The cardinal number equal to 1018.
2. Chiefly British The cardinal number equal to 1030.
n, pl -lions or -lion
1. (Mathematics) (in Britain, France, and Germany) the number represented as one followed by 30 zeros (1030). US and Canadian word: nonillion
2. (Mathematics) (in the US and Canada) the number represented as one followed by 18 zeros (1018). Former Brit word: trillion
[C17: from Latin quintus fifth + -illion, as in million]
n., pl. -lions, (as after a numeral) -lion, n.
1. a cardinal number represented in the U.S. by 1 followed by 18 zeros, and in Great Britain by 1 followed by 30 zeros.adj.
2. amounting to one quintillion in number.
[1665–75; < Latin quīnt(us) fifth + -illion (as in million)]
quin•til′lionth, n., adj.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||quintillion - the number that is represented as a one followed by 18 zeros|
U.S.A., United States, United States of America, US, USA, America, the States, U.S. - North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean; achieved independence in 1776
large integer - an integer equal to or greater than ten