Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to quotidian: quotidian fever, double quotidian fever
1. Everyday; commonplace: "There's nothing quite like a real ... train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute" (Anita Diamant).
2. Recurring daily. Used especially of attacks of malaria.
1. (Pathology) (esp of attacks of malarial fever) recurring daily
2. everyday; commonplace
(Pathology) a malarial fever characterized by attacks that recur daily
[C14: from Latin quotīdiānus, variant of cottīdiānus daily]
quo•tid•i•an(kwoʊˈtɪd i ən)
1. daily: a quotidian report.
2. ordinary; everyday.
3. recurring daily: quotidian fever.n.
4. something recurring daily.
5. a quotidian fever or ague.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||quotidian - found in the ordinary course of events; "a placid everyday scene"; "it was a routine day"; "there's nothing quite like a real...train conductor to add color to a quotidian commute"- Anita Diamant|
ordinary - not exceptional in any way especially in quality or ability or size or degree; "ordinary everyday objects"; "ordinary decency"; "an ordinary day"; "an ordinary wine"
quotidian[kwəʊˈtɪdɪən] ADJ (liter) → cotidiano
a. cotidiano-a, de todos los días;
___ malaria → malaria ___.