Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A road composed of parallel steel rails supported by ties and providing a track for locomotive-drawn trains or other wheeled vehicles.
2. A system of railroad track, together with the land, stations, rolling stock, and other related property under one management.
v. rail·road·ed, rail·road·ing, rail·roads
1. To transport by railroad.
2. To supply (an area) with railroads.
a. To rush or push (something) through quickly in order to prevent careful consideration and possible criticism or obstruction: railroad a special-interest bill through Congress.
b. To convict (an accused person) without a fair trial or on trumped-up charges.
To work for a railroad company.
1. (Railways) a railway employee
2. (Railways) a railway owner or manager
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||railroader - an employee of a railroad |
brakeman - a railroad employee responsible for a train's brakes
employee - a worker who is hired to perform a job
signalman - a railroad employee in charge of signals and point in a railroad yard
yardman - worker in a railway yard