rassle(redirected from rassles)
intr. & tr.v. ras·sled, ras·sling, ras·sles Nonstandard
To engage in wrestling or wrestle with.
[Dialectal alteration of wrestle.]
v. -tled, -tling,
1. to engage in wrestling.
2. to contend or struggle, as for mastery; grapple: to wrestle with one's conscience.v.t.
3. to contend with in wrestling.
4. to force by or as if by wrestling.
5. to throw (a calf or other animal) for branding.n.
6. an act of or a bout at wrestling.
7. a struggle.
[before 1100; Middle English; Old English *wrǣstlian (compare Old English wrǣstlere wrestler)]