re-press(redirected from re-presses)
tr.v. re-pressed, re-press·ing, re-press·es
To press again: re-pressed the shirt after noticing more wrinkles.
to press again.
1. to check or inhibit (actions or desires).
2. to keep down or suppress (anything objectionable).
3. to quell (disorder, sedition, etc.).
4. to reduce (persons) to subjection.
5. to suppress (memories, emotions, or impulses) unconsciously.v.i.
6. to initiate or undergo repression.
[1325–75; Middle English < Latin repressus, past participle of reprimere=re- re- + primere to press1]
Past participle: re-pressed