realizable(redirected from realisability)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to realisability: realizable
v. re·al·ized, re·al·iz·ing, re·al·iz·es
1. To comprehend completely or correctly.
2. To bring into reality; make real: He finally realized his lifelong ambition to learn how to play the violin.
3. To make realistic: a film that realizes court life of the 1600s.
4. To obtain or achieve, as gain or profit: She realized a substantial return on the investment.
5. To bring in (a sum) as profit by sale.
To exchange holdings or goods for money.
[French réaliser, from Old French, from real, real; see real1.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||realizable - capable of being realized; "realizable benefits of the plan"|
tangible - (of especially business assets) having physical substance and intrinsic monetary value ; "tangible property like real estate"; "tangible assets such as machinery"
|2.||realizable - capable of existing or taking place or proving true; possible to do|
possible - capable of happening or existing; "a breakthrough may be possible next year"; "anything is possible"; "warned of possible consequences"