Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A second or new birth; reincarnation.
2. A renaissance; a revival: a rebirth of classicism in architecture.
1. a revival or renaissance: the rebirth of learning.
2. a second or new birth; reincarnation
1. a new or second birth.
2. a renewed existence, activity, or growth; renaissance; revival.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||rebirth - after death the soul begins a new cycle of existence in another human body|
phenomenon - any state or process known through the senses rather than by intuition or reasoning
|2.||rebirth - a second or new birth|
nascence, nascency, nativity, birth - the event of being born; "they celebrated the birth of their first child"
transmigration - the passing of a soul into another body after death
cycle of rebirth - (Hinduism) repeated rebirth in new forms
|3.||rebirth - the revival of learning and culture|
|4.||rebirth - a spiritual enlightenment causing a person to lead a new life|
proselytism - the state of being a proselyte; spiritual rebirth resulting from the zeal of crusading advocacy of the gospel
n → Wiedergeburt f; (of desire) → Wiederaufflackern nt