|Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary|
6,844,099,299 visitors served.
|Also found in: Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia||0.02 sec.|
1. (Commerce) a written acknowledgment by a receiver of money, goods, etc, that payment or delivery has been made
2. the act of receiving or fact of being received
3. (usually plural) an amount or article received
4. (Cookery) another word for recipe
5. (Commerce) (tr) to acknowledge payment of (a bill), as by marking it
6. (Commerce) US to issue a receipt for (money, goods, etc)
[C14: from Old Norman French receite, from Medieval Latin recepta, from Latin recipere to receive]
1. a written acknowledgment of having received money or goods as specified.
2. receipts, the amount or quantity received.
3. the act of receiving or the state of being received.
4. something that is received.
5. a recipe.v.t.
6. to acknowledge in writing the payment of (a bill).
7. to give a receipt for (money, goods, etc.).v.i.
8. to give a receipt, as for money or goods.
[1350–1400; Middle English receite < Anglo-French (Old French reçoite) < Latin recepta, feminine past participle of recipere to receive]
receipt - Its first meaning was "a drug made according to a recipe" or a "recipe" for making food.
See also related terms for recipe.
A transmission made by a receiving station to indicate that a message has been satisfactorily received.
receipt – recipe
We've got receipts for each thing we've bought.
Don't use 'receipt' to refer to a set of instructions telling you how to cook something. The word you use is recipe
This is an old Polish recipe for beetroot soup.
Past participle: receipted
Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms
1. sales slip, proof of purchase, voucher, stub, acknowledgment, counterfoil I wrote her a receipt for the money.
1. (= act of receiving) → recepción f, recibo m
to acknowledge receipt of → acusar recibo de
on receipt of → al recibo de, al recibir
on receipt of these goods → al recibo de or al recibir estas mercancías
I am in receipt of your letter (frm) → he recibido su carta, obra su carta en mi poder(more frm)
pay on receipt → pago m contra entrega or al recibo
3. receipts (= money taken) → recaudación fsing
(= proof of purchase) (for goods, services) → reçu m; (for parcel, letter) → accusé m de réception; (for taxi) → reçu m; (for rent) → quittance f
no pl → Empfang m; (Comm) → Empfang m, → Erhalt m, → Eingang m; on receipt of your remittance/the goods, we shall be pleased to … → nach Empfang etc Ihrer Zahlung/der Waren werden wir gerne …; to pay on receipt (of the goods) → bei Empfang etc (der Waren) bezahlen; I am in receipt of (on letter) → ich bin im Besitz (+gen); receipt stamp → Empfangsstempel m
vt bill → quittieren
receipt (rəˈsiːt) noun
receipt [rɪˈsiːt] n
a. (slip of paper) → ricevuta
b. (frm) (esp Comm) → ricevimento
to acknowledge receipt of → accusare ricevuta di
we are in receipt of ... → abbiamo ricevuto...
1. the act of receiving or being received. Please sign this form to acknowledge receipt of the money. ontvangs إسْتِلام получаване recibo příjem, přijetí der Empfang modtagelse παραλαβή recibo, recepción vastuvõtt رسید؛ اعلام وصول vastaanotto réception קַבָּלָה प्राप्ति primitak, primanje átvétel penerimaan viðtaka ricevimento 受取り 수령 gavimas saņemšana menerima ontvangst mottakelse odbiór رسيد، سند، رسيدنه، درسيدپاڼه، رسول، سندول recibo primire получение príjem, prijatie prejem prijem mottagande, erhållande การได้รับ teslim alma （被）收到 одержання, отримання وصول کرنے کا عمل sự nhận được 收到 recepció, recepció
2. a written note saying that money etc has been received. I paid the bill and he gave me a receipt. strokie وَصْل квитанция recibo stvrzenka die Quittung kvittering απόδειξη recibo kviitung قبض kuitti reçu קַבָּלָה धन मिलने का एक लिखित ब्यौरा potvrda nyugta tanda terima (viðtöku)kvittun ricevuta 領収書 영수증 čekis, apmokėta sąskaita kvīts resit kwitantie kvittering pokwitowanie رسيد recibo chitanţă расписка; квитанция potvrdenie račun; pobotnica priznanica kvitto ใบเสร็จรับเงิน makbuz, alındı 收據 розписка про одержання رسید hóa đơn 收据 rebut
receipt → وَصْل účtenka kvittering Quittung απόδειξη πληρωμής recibo kuitti reçu potvrda primitka ricevuta 受領証 영수증 ontvangstbewijs kvittering pokwitowanie recibo квитанция kvitto ใบเสร็จรับเงิน fiş biên lai 收据
n. recibo, carta de pago.
Want to thank TFD for its existence? Tell a friend about us, add a link to this page, or visit the webmaster's page for free fun content.
|Mentioned in||?||References in classic literature||?||Dictionary browser||?||Full browser||?|
aerial port control center
amount of money
balance of payments
bill of lading
common-user ocean terminals
Vernon declares that he never saw deeper distress than hers, on the receipt of the letter; and is his judgment inferior to mine?
The haste with which he came to our releif so soon after the receipt of our Note, spoke so greatly in his favour that I hesitated not to pronounce him at first sight, a tender and simpathetic Freind.
We know diseases of stoppings, and suffocations, are the most dangerous in the body; and it is not much otherwise in the mind; you may take sarza to open the liver, steel to open the spleen, flowers of sulphur for the lungs, castoreum for the brain; but no receipt openeth the heart, but a true friend; to whom you may impart griefs, joys, fears, hopes, suspicions, counsels, and whatsoever lieth upon the heart to oppress it, in a kind of civil shrift or confession.
Receding horizon control
Receding Horizon Guidance Law
Receding Horizon Kalman Fir
Receding Horizon Optimal Control
Receding Horizon Optimal Neural
Receding-Horizon Predictive Control
Receditur a placitis juris
receiptReceipt Acknowledged And Understood
Receipt and Alien File Accountability and Control System
receipt for payment
Receipt Free of Payment
receipt in full
receipt into the supply system
receipt of bids
Receipt of Comments
Receipt of Funds
Receipt Of Goods
Receipt of stolen property
Receipt Versus Payment
Receipt, Handling and Dispatch
Receipt, Inspection, & Maintenance
Receipt, Storage, & Issue
Receipt, Storage, Maintenance, Issue and Distribution
Receipt, Store and Stage
Receipt, Stowage, Segregation and Issue
|Dictionary, Thesaurus, and Translations|
Free toolbar & extensions |
Word of the Day |
For webmasters: Free content | Linking | Lookup box | Double-click lookup