recharge(redirected from recharge batteries)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
tr.v. re·charged, re·charg·ing, re·charg·es
To charge again, especially to reenergize a storage battery.
1. (Electrical Engineering) to cause (an accumulator, capacitor, etc) to take up and store electricity again
2. to revive or renew (one's energies) (esp in recharge one's batteries)
re•charge(riˈtʃɑrdʒ; n. also ˈriˌtʃɑrdʒ)
v. -charged, -charg•ing,
1. to charge again with electricity: recharged the battery.
2. to refresh or restore; revitalize.v.i.
3. to revive or restore energy, stamina, enthusiasm, etc.n.
4. an act or instance of recharging.
Past participle: recharged
Switch to new thesaurus
|Verb||1.||recharge - load anew; "She reloaded the gun carefully"|
|2.||recharge - charge anew; "recharge a battery"|
charge - energize a battery by passing a current through it in the direction opposite to discharge; "I need to charge my car battery"