reedy(redirected from reediness)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to reediness: readiness
adj. reed·i·er, reed·i·est
1. Full of reeds.
2. Made of reeds.
3. Resembling a reed, especially in being thin or fragile: "reedy businessmen in severe three-piece business suits" (Jimmy Breslin).
4. Music Having a tone like that of a reed instrument.
adj, reedier or reediest
1. (Environmental Science) (of a place, esp a marsh) abounding in reeds
2. (Botany) of or like a reed
3. having a tone like a reed instrument; shrill or piping: a reedy voice.
adj. reed•i•er, reed•i•est.
1. full of reeds: a reedy marsh.
2. consisting or made of a reed or reeds.
3. having a sound like that of a reed instrument.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||reedy - having a tone of a reed instrument|
noisy - full of or characterized by loud and nonmusical sounds; "a noisy cafeteria"; "a small noisy dog"
|2.||reedy - resembling a reed in being upright and slender|