Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to reentry: reentry phenomenon
re·en·tryalso re-en·try (rē-ĕn′trē)
n. pl. re·en·tries also re-en·tries
a. The act or action of reentering.
b. The return of a missile or spacecraft into the atmosphere.
2. The act of rejoining as a participant or member: programs to ease prisoners' reentry into society.
3. Law The recovery of possession of a property by an owner, pursuant to a right reserved in a lease or other agreement in the event of some breach of that agreement.
a. The act of regaining the lead by taking a trick in bridge and whist.
b. The card that will take a trick and thus regain the lead.
n., pl. -tries.
1. the act of reentering.
2. the return from outer space into the earth's atmosphere of an earth-orbiting satellite, spacecraft, rocket, or the like.
3. Law. the retaking of possession under a right reserved in a prior conveyance.
4. Also called reen′try card`. (in bridge) a card that will win a trick enabling one to regain the lead in a hand.