Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to responder: First responder, transponder
v. re·spond·ed, re·spond·ing, re·sponds
1. To make a reply; answer: respond to an email.
2. To act in return or in answer: firefighters responding to a call. See Synonyms at answer.
3. To react to a stimulus or to a treatment, especially in a favorable way: tumors that responded to radiation.
To give as a reply; answer.
A pilaster or half-pier engaged to a wall and carrying one end of an arch or groin, often at the end of an arcade.
[Middle English responden, from Old French respondre, from Latin respondēre : re-, re- + spondēre, to promise; see spend- in the Appendix of Indo-European roots.]
1. a person or thing that responds.
2. the part of a transponder that transmits the reply.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||responder - someone who responds |
communicator - a person who communicates with others
assenter - a person who assents
interviewee - a person who is interviewed
n (Radar) → Antwortbake f, → Responder m (spec)