Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. A cutting down or back; reduction.
2. A curtailment of expenses.
The act of consolidating one's strength, as for further efforts.
1. (Banking & Finance) the act of reducing expenditure in order to improve financial stability
2. (Fortifications) an extra interior fortification to reinforce outer walls
1. the act of retrenching; a cutting down or off, as by the reduction of expenses.
2. an interior work within a fortification, to which a garrison may retreat.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||retrenchment - entrenchment consisting of an additional interior fortification to prolong the defense|
|2.||retrenchment - the reduction of expenditures in order to become financially stable|