Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A facing, as of masonry, used to support an embankment.
2. A barricade against explosives.
1. (Building) a facing of stones, sandbags, etc, to protect a wall, embankment, or earthworks
2. (Fortifications) a facing of stones, sandbags, etc, to protect a wall, embankment, or earthworks
3. (Building) another term for retaining wall
[C18: from French revêtement literally: a reclothing, from revêtir; see revest]
1. a facing of masonry or the like, esp. for protecting an embankment.
2. an ornamental facing, as on a masonry wall, of marble, face brick, tiles, etc.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||revetment - a barrier against explosives|
barrier - a structure or object that impedes free movement
|2.||revetment - a facing (usually masonry) that supports an embankment|
embankment - a long artificial mound of stone or earth; built to hold back water or to support a road or as protection