Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
v. re·vised, re·vis·ing, re·vis·es
1. To alter or edit (a text).
2. To reconsider and change or modify: I have revised my opinion of him. See Synonyms at correct.
3. Chiefly British To study again (academic material, for example), as for a test; review.
1. To make revisions, as in a text.
2. Chiefly British To study something again; review.
n. (rē′vīz′, rĭ-vīz′)
1. Informal An act or product of revising; a revision.
2. Printing A proof made from an earlier proof on which corrections have been made.
[Latin revīsere, to visit again, look at again : re-, re- + vīsere, frequentative of vidēre, to see; see review.]
re·vis′er, re·vi′sor n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||revising - editing that involves writing something again|
editing, redaction - putting something (as a literary work or a legislative bill) into acceptable form