Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that roasts.
2. A special pan or apparatus for roasting.
3. Something, especially a young chicken, that is fit for roasting.
1. a person or thing that roasts
2. (Cookery) a roasting tin
3. (Cookery) a piece of food, such as a chicken or a potato, that is suitable for roasting
1. a person or thing that roasts.
2. a pan, oven, or device for roasting.
3. an animal suitable for roasting.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||roaster - a harsh or humorous critic (sometimes intended as a facetious compliment); "the honoree gave his roasters as good as he got"|
humor, wit, witticism, wittiness, humour - a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter
critic - someone who frequently finds fault or makes harsh and unfair judgments
|2.||roaster - a cook who roasts food|
baster - a cook who bastes roasting meat with melted fat or gravy
cook - someone who cooks food
|3.||roaster - flesh of a large young chicken over 3 1/2 lb suitable for roasting|
|4.||roaster - a special cooking pan for roasting|