Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
Related to roguish: roguishly
1. Deceitful; unprincipled: Set adrift by his roguish crew, the captain of the ship spent a week alone at sea.
2. Playfully mischievous: a roguish grin.
1. dishonest or unprincipled
2. mischievous or arch
1. dishonest, knavish, or rascally.
2. playfully mischievous.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||roguish - playful in an appealingly bold way; "a roguish grin"|
playful - full of fun and high spirits; "playful children just let loose from school"
|2.||roguish - lacking principles or scruples; "the rascally rabble"; "the tyranny of a scoundrelly aristocracy" - W.M. Thackaray; "the captain was set adrift by his roguish crew"|
1. mischievous, arch, cheeky, playful, impish, coquettish, puckish, frolicsome, ludic (literary), waggish, sportive She had a roguish grin.