rotisserie(redirected from rotisseries)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. A cooking device equipped with a rotating spit on which meat or other food is roasted.
2. A shop or restaurant where meats are roasted to order.
[French rôtisserie, from Old French rostisserie, from rostir, to roast, of Germanic origin.]
1. (Cookery) a rotating spit on which meat, poultry, etc, can be cooked
2. a shop or restaurant where meat is roasted to order
[C19: from French, from Old French rostir to roast]
ro•tis•ser•ie(roʊˈtɪs ə ri)
n., v. -ied, -i•ing. n.
1. a cooking unit equipped with a motor-driven spit, for barbecuing poultry, beef, etc.v.t.
2. to broil on a rotisserie.
rotisserie- First meant a restaurant or shop specializing in roasted or barbecued meat.
See also related terms for roast.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||rotisserie - an oven or broiler equipped with a rotating spit on which meat cooks as it turns|
oven - kitchen appliance used for baking or roasting
|2.||rotisserie - a restaurant that specializes in roasted and barbecued meats|
rotisserie[rəʊˈtɪsərɪ] N → rotisserie f
n (= spit) → Grillspieß m; (= restaurant) → Rotisserie f