roughcast(redirected from roughcasted)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A coarse plaster of lime, shells, and pebbles used for outside wall surfaces.
2. A rough preliminary model or form.
tr.v. rough·cast, rough·cast·ing, rough·casts
1. To plaster (a wall, for example) with roughcast.
2. To shape or work into a rough or preliminary form.
1. (Building) a coarse plaster used to cover the surface of an external wall
2. any rough or preliminary form, model, etc
(Building) covered with or denoting roughcast
vb, -casts, -casting or -cast
3. (Building) to apply roughcast to (a wall, etc)
4. to prepare in rough
5. (tr) another word for rough-hew
n., v. -cast, -cast•ing. n.
1. an exterior wall finish composed of mortar and fine pebbles mixed together and dashed against the wall.
2. a crudely formed pattern or model.v.t.
3. to cover or coat with roughcast.
4. to make, shape, or prepare in a rough form.
Past participle: roughcast
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||roughcast - a coarse plaster for the surface of external walls|
plaster - a mixture of lime or gypsum with sand and water; hardens into a smooth solid; used to cover walls and ceilings
|2.||roughcast - a rough preliminary model|
|Verb||1.||roughcast - shape roughly|
|2.||roughcast - apply roughcast to; "roughcast a wall"|
|3.||roughcast - hew roughly, without finishing the surface; "rough-hew stone or timber"|