roulade(redirected from roulades)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. Music An embellishment consisting of a rapid run of several notes sung to one syllable.
a. A slice of meat rolled around a filling and cooked.
b. Any of various other dishes in which a flexible base layer is rolled up together with a soft filling.
[French, from rouler, to roll, from Old French roler; see roll.]
1. (Cookery) a slice of meat rolled, esp around a stuffing, and cooked
2. (Classical Music) an elaborate run in vocal music
[C18: from French, literally: a rolling, from rouler to roll]
1. a slice of meat rolled around a filling and cooked.
2. a musical embellishment consisting of a rapid succession of tones sung to a single syllable.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||roulade - a dish consisting of a slice of meat that is rolled around a filling and cooked|
dish - a particular item of prepared food; "she prepared a special dish for dinner"
|2.||roulade - (music) an elaborate run of several notes sung to one syllable|
music - an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner